Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Efficient Book Enchantment

16 replies to this topic

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

So, as you should know by now, you can enchant books, and then use these books to enchant your tools and armor with an anvil. Since I have been trying to get 2 with Silk Touch to enchant my EU tools, I have done quite a bit of research on enchantment rates, percentages, and the like. In my search, I found this site, which has absolutely everything you would ever need to know, and I have been using it for that reason. 

However, although there is ample information regarding vanilla enchanting, I haven't seen anything regarding the enchantments added by the mods in FTB. Sure, there are plenty of things telling what they do and what tiers they have, there is nothing regarding rates and percentages, which can be annoying when trying to get something specific.

To help solve this, I have created a spreadsheet for book enchanting. In addition to a condensed version of the information from the linked site, I have made an editable space for the mod enchantments. Currently, it has no additional information, but if you have anything you would like to add, feel free to do so. It has all the new enchantments that books can hold, and space for max rates and most efficient levels.

A link can be found here if you would like to contribute. Keep in mind that the sheet is for enchanting books, and not other equipment.

Thanks!

~streak1

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

This site's also good.

I don't know much about the modded enchants, though.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Both sites work well. I wishI could find more information of Thaumcraft enchants.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

This site's also good.

I don't know much about the modded enchants, though.

Well, one thing I noticed while grinding books for silk touch is that the Thaumcraft enchantments is that they can't be found on books while enchanting. I have gotten about 30 or so enchanted books so far, and none of them have the Thaumcraft enchantments. According to the wiki, 4 of these enchantments can only be found on wands, which may explain why I haven't gotten any.  I figure the other 2 are strictly for Thaumcraft armor, since one is for repair by aura, and the other is haste, which may be for the Boots of the Wanderer. There is also an enchantment added by Twilight Forest called Fiery Aura, which is like a flame version of thorns. However, I believe these cannot be obtained from an enchantment table, as they come with a certain set of armor also added by the mod.

I have gotten 2 of the other three, those being Soul Stealer and Disjunction. I have been enchanting at level 24 for max efficiency for Silk Touch, and have gotten Soul Stealer 1,2, and 3, with most of them being lvl 3, and Disjunction 2.

Edit: just got a book with Vorpal 1 at lvl 24, so add that to the list.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Well, one thing I noticed while grinding books for silk touch is that the Thaumcraft enchantments is that they can't be found on books while enchanting. I have gotten about 30 or so enchanted books so far, and none of them have the Thaumcraft enchantments. According to the wiki, 4 of these enchantments can only be found on wands, which may explain why I haven't gotten any.  I figure the other 2 are strictly for Thaumcraft armor, since one is for repair by aura, and the other is haste, which may be for the Boots of the Wanderer. There is also an enchantment added by Twilight Forest called Fiery Aura, which is like a flame version of thorns. However, I believe these cannot be obtained from an enchantment table, as they come with a certain set of armor also added by the mod.

I have gotten 2 of the other three, those being Soul Stealer and Disjunction. I have been enchanting at level 24 for max efficiency for Silk Touch, and have gotten Soul Stealer 1,2, and 3, with most of them being lvl 3, and Disjunction 2.

With the fiery aura, in the first map for mindcrack, Nebris got iron armor with fiery aura, so it can be obtained by enchanting.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

With the fiery aura, in the first map for mindcrack, Nebris got iron armor with fiery aura, so it can be obtained by enchanting.

Well, with an Uncrafting Table, you can recraft armor to put enchantments from an old piece of armor to a new one. That may be how he got it.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I believe he enchanted it on camera, and he hadn't been to the twilight at that point. It was a long time ago when I SAW IT.

Octopusmaster

Octopusmaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I don't exactly know about the Mindcrack Pack, but in the Ultimate Pack I've actually gotten Repair II twice on a book, and Frugal once. But I really think I was just really, really LUCKY, though it is possible.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I don't exactly know about the Mindcrack Pack, but in the Ultimate Pack I've actually gotten Repair II twice on a book, and Frugal once. But I really think I was just really, really LUCKY, though it is possible.

Also, when I have watched some Mindcrack videos, they HAVE gotten thaumcraft enchants on books.

Embri

Embri

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

You can definitely get Thaumcraft enchants on books, I have half a chest full of Frugal, Treasure, Charging, Repair, etc.  They're not the most common of enchants, but definitely possible to obtain.  Silk Touch / Unbreaking seem to come along less frequently for me than Thaumcraft's enchants. 

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

You can definitely get Thaumcraft enchants on books, I have half a chest full of Frugal, Treasure, Charging, Repair, etc.  They're not the most common of enchants, but definitely possible to obtain.  Silk Touch / Unbreaking seem to come along less frequently for me than Thaumcraft's enchants. 

Well yea, I understand Silk Touch. They have only a 1-2% chance on books enchanted at lvl 24, which is the peak level. Not entirely sure about Unbreaking, though, but I would assume it's pretty rare too.

And btw, I believe I made this post back when I still was playing the beta pack. That may be why I wasn't finding any books with those enchantments. I have since switched to ultimate, and apparently forgot to change my modpack on the forums. 10 Speechless.png

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Using enchanting turtles and soul shards you can make automatic experience farms that enchant books for you. It is possible to make a book farm if the shard is a cow one, and a sugar cane farm will get you the paper. The turtle will hold all the exp, and there are scripts out there that will auto enchant at level 30.

chris0744

chris0744

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:YogCraft Modpack

Hey,

I just enchanted a book (trying to get unbreaking III, enchanting at lvl 29), and I got the Charging I enchantment.

That's a Thaumcraft 3 enchantment for wands, so yes, you can get thaumcraft enchants on books appearently :)

Btw, lvl 29 would be the most efficient lvl to enchant for unbreaking III right? :A

EDIT:

After enchanting about 5 - 10 books (don't remember..) I just got a Treasure II enchantment, enchanted a book at lvl 28.
It's a thaumcraft 3 enchantment only aplicable on wands.

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I don't know the statistics or optimal levels, but I always go with level 30 (so level 29 should be fine). That said, Unbreaking is a rare enchantment. I usually have to enchant at least 15 books (up to 30 books) before I get an Unbreaking book.

chris0744

chris0744

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:YogCraft Modpack

Ah that sucks :P

I've got a diamond sword with some epic enchants, all possible dmg enchants :P and some more stuff.
 Just need unbreaking so it doesn't break after killing 5 mobs :( 
Wouldn't want to lose it.

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

If you get Repair, you may be able to try to stick that on it, and then you'll never need to worry about it breaking, as long as you give it time to recharge.

marylandc

marylandc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:marylandc
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

That's exactly what I need. I started writing my research proposal. I'm not quite sure what it should be. I found research proposal writing services where I can get qualified help in case of difficulties. And it's probably the right thing to do.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users