Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Making Caving Easier

Best Answer TheEric960 , 17 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

If minecrack has the powersuits  you can use the helmit and tinker it with night vision. Also you can use and enderpouch and a enderchest to hold more items. I know what you said about quarries but it can give you alot of nickolite. For only running mine a few times I have stacks of nikolite, almost a stack of diamond, tons of coal, so I think the quarry would be the best way to go...

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I'm using the latest Mindcrack version, and am wondering if there is somethings I can do to make caving easier and more efficient.  The reason why I'm caving is to get the rest of the nikolite I need to finish one of my energy farms.  I calculated that I need about 11,006 nikolite, which I have used much of.  I only need a few thousand more, but that is where the problem lies.  There isn't really a reason for me to make a quarry, since I have plenty of most of the other materials.  I cave in a cave world age so I can travel to cave to cave without having to dig stacks of stone in between travels.  Another benefit is that most mobs do not spawn in the cave, so I do not have to fight many mobs unless I end up around layer 30. The brightness setting also helps for this, so I don't have to place torches.  Some items such as the pickaxe of the core and ore magnets don't help much so I don't bother using them.  I mine the nikolite with a silk touch diamond pick so I can get ten dust from each ore.  (Although I know an industrial grinder is better, I am content with using a rotary macerator.)  Lava is easily dealt with via a full hazmat suit.

I know that under all of these preferences, that I have likely made a almost perfect caving age to cave in.  However, I want to know if I can go further to make caving as easy as possible.  Although I do have the dense ores page, I've rather not use it since it would further destabilize the world.  The caving world does have the effect of nausea, but it is only effective above the main cave at surface level.  

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I'm using the latest Mindcrack version, and am wondering if there is somethings I can do to make caving easier and more efficient.  The reason why I'm caving is to get the rest of the nikolite I need to finish one of my energy farms.  I calculated that I need about 11,006 nikolite, which I have used much of.  I only need a few thousand more, but that is where the problem lies.  There isn't really a reason for me to make a quarry, since I have plenty of most of the other materials.  I cave in a cave world age so I can travel to cave to cave without having to dig stacks of stone in between travels.  Another benefit is that most mobs do not spawn in the cave, so I do not have to fight many mobs unless I end up around layer 30. The brightness setting also helps for this, so I don't have to place torches.  Some items such as the pickaxe of the core and ore magnets don't help much so I don't bother using them.  I mine the nikolite with a silk touch diamond pick so I can get ten dust from each ore.  (Although I know an industrial grinder is better, I am content with using a rotary macerator.)  Lava is easily dealt with via a full hazmat suit.

I know that under all of these preferences, that I have likely made a almost perfect caving age to cave in.  However, I want to know if I can go further to make caving as easy as possible.  Although I do have the dense ores page, I've rather not use it since it would further destabilize the world.  The caving world does have the effect of nausea, but it is only effective above the main cave at surface level.  

You can use vanilla night vision potions to help with seeing, but there really isn't much more you can do to make it easier, short of using a turtle strip mine or a quarry.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Make some forestry backpacks! A digger and miners backpack will allows you to mine a lot longer. Bring a lot of sticks and a pocket crafting table and you'll be able to reforge stone or gem pickaxes at will.

As for the mystcraft world itself, just make sure the only liquid it generates is water, and that it is light enough to easily see (which it sounds like it is). I don't know if they generate in cave worlds but I guess abandoned mineshafts and strongholds might expose even more ore.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

TheEric960

TheEric960

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
✓  Best Answer

If minecrack has the powersuits  you can use the helmit and tinker it with night vision. Also you can use and enderpouch and a enderchest to hold more items. I know what you said about quarries but it can give you alot of nickolite. For only running mine a few times I have stacks of nikolite, almost a stack of diamond, tons of coal, so I think the quarry would be the best way to go...

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

If minecrack has the powersuits  you can use the helmit and tinker it with night vision. Also you can use and enderpouch and a enderchest to hold more items. I know what you said about quarries bit it can give you alot of nickolite. For only running mine a few times I have stacks of nikolite, almost a stack of diamond, tons of coal, so I think the quarry would be the best way to go...

Mindcrack doesn't have the power suits.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users