Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NanoSuit + Enchantments

2 replies to this topic

Kerydwenn

Kerydwenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I don't have all the details about exact versions, since I'm not the one running the server I play on, so apologies in advance if this is a little too vague. If you need more details, let me know which ones exactly, and I'll ask the person in charge tomorrow.

I was wondering about something that may or may not be a bug, and mostly would like to know if other people had the same "problem".

Some time ago, I crafted the full NanoSuit set and heaped a ton of enchantments on each piece. Then we updated to 8.2. A few days later, due to an incident involving a Creeper and falling in my own lava lake under my house (yes, you are allowed to laugh), my character died, and although I could retrieve my stuff, I most unfortunately came to the conclusion that my pants, which were nowhere to be found, had fallen somewhere in the lava. Or were stolen by a zombie. Whatever. Again, you are allowed to laugh. Thus I found myself crafting a new pair of NanoSuit Leggings, and eagerly grinding the XP to enchant it again.

Except it didn't work. That piece of armour wasn't enchantable (sp?) anymore. When I place it on my enchanting table, no available enchantment appears in the list, whereas before 8.2, they did.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this an intended feature added to the pack in 8.2? Or could it be, that out Enchanting+ mod is outdated, or that another mod is conflicting with the enchanting features? The other NanoSuit parts (helmet, chest piece and boots) I had enchanted before we updated retained all their enchantments, by the way.

As said above, I'm not running the server. I just follow the instructions and add/replace the files I'm told to add/replace. I don't dabble with config files and the likes, and I'm not even sure what's part of the MindCrack pack by default, and what was added later on. I know we run MindCrack 8.2/Minecraft 1.4.7. Among the mods I think we added (on top of the ones in MindCrack) are EnchantingPlus-1.12.8 and Thaumcraft+Thaumic Bees ones. Not sure about the others.

Anyway. Any idea on why I can't enchant that pair of leggings anymore? I'd be grateful for even the slightest hint here. Thanks in advance.

If you ever feel like dying for this universe, just call me. I'll be waiting. /人 ‿‿ 人\

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I think it might be intentional...

Maybe get an Enchanted Book and try an Anvil.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Kerydwenn

Kerydwenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Thank you for the suggestion, ZL123. It didn't even occur to me, so used am I to having my very own private enchanting table. *facepalm*

Tested in game, and so far, your solution is working. :)

• ZL123 likes this

If you ever feel like dying for this universe, just call me. I'll be waiting. /人 ‿‿ 人\

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users