Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Going to create/update wiki articles. Any help is appreciated!

13 replies to this topic

Jungalist81

Jungalist81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hi Everyone!

about me:
My name is Jungalist81 and I've been playing Minecraft on and off since March 2011. I am an old school MC mod player and I recently came back to play in the serendipitymc.com server where I used to be a Moderator.

My purpose:

I decided to sign up on the ftbwiki to help with updating the IC2 articles, this includes:

- The 10k coolant cell recipe is now different. I want to add a "as of 1.7 recipe"

- There is a IC2 machine not even found in this wiki.

- I want to provide a more consistent explanation of the many IC2 articles that are about these "Kinetic" blocks. As an old school MC player now learning these so called Kinetic blocks, I have identified several articles that could use more explanation and I want to try to tackle them. 

- While I am playing on a mod server, if I see anything else needed to be updated, I will add to ftbwiki.

I will do my best to openly communicate with the regular community members in this site to adhere to the rules and nomenclature. I have not made any wiki before; my only experience is discussing in a forum site that had the wikicreole format.

If my efforts do not align with the rules/philosophy of ftbwiki.org, specifically my kinetic information revision proposals, I gladly leave and attempt to create this guide elsewhere. (maybe in the MC forums or see if i can contribute to the official IC2 wiki.)

• ostPavel likes this

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Don't worry, as long as you stick to Style Guide, you should be good. When in doubt, check out the "source code" of other articles or as a question (here, or on a talk page of one of the active users).

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
Hey, welcome to the forums/wiki! The wiki is a collaborative effort, so any help is always appreciated!

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

- There is a IC2 machine not even found in this wiki.

Which one is that?

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Jungalist81

Jungalist81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Which one is that?

theres actually several blocks/items. This is what i've found so far:

• Stirling kinetic generator
  • kinetic water generator
  • solid heat generator
  • fluid heat generator
  • electric heat generator
  • stirling generator
  • Reactor fluid port
  • Reactor access hatch
  • Reactor redstone port
  • Reactor pressure vessel
  • Liquid heat exchanger
  • fluid regulator
  • condenser
  • Steam generator (not kinetic one)
  • blast furnace
  • block cutting machine
  • fluid distributor
  • electric sorting machine
  • item buffer
  • crop harvester
  • turning table
    There are other items like the mining pipe, electric motor, Shaft, iron rotor blade, turning blade, steam turbine, steam turbine blade, block cutting blade, kinetic gearbox rotor, windmeter and different variations of The Charging RE Battery. 

IC2 has also updated the recipe for their mining/diamond/iridium drills. These drills utilizes many items listed above which would require the creation of a handful of wiki pages.

For example:In the case of the diamond drill, you need to craft a mining drill. Mining drill requires the crafting of electric motor + power unit. With Mining drill, you need to create an Iron turning blank and 'chisel configure' otherwise it becomes a paper weight. Iron turning blank is created in the turning table. The turning table cannot operate unless there is an active kinetic machine next to it.

Jungalist81

Jungalist81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Update:
I haven't started my writing yet because I am still currently playing on a server and still learning this mod and other mods. Here is my progress for far:
WRolOK6.png

As you see, i've managed to create a bunch of in survival mode. I'm slowly coming up with ideas and sentences to use. For example, I would jot down a list of machine blocks that produce Kinetic Energy, i'd also mention what machines intake kinetic energy making EU. id also want to make a list of machines that.

I'm also seeing that there is a need to distinguish this recent version of IC2 on the wiki. For example, the people who were updating the Thermal Expansion did a good job providing different version #.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

theres actually several blocks/items. This is what i've found so far:

• Stirling kinetic generator
  • kinetic water generator
  • solid heat generator
  • fluid heat generator
  • electric heat generator
  • stirling generator
  • Reactor fluid port
  • Reactor access hatch
  • Reactor redstone port
  • Reactor pressure vessel
  • Liquid heat exchanger
  • fluid regulator
  • condenser
  • Steam generator (not kinetic one)
  • blast furnace
  • block cutting machine
  • fluid distributor
  • electric sorting machine
  • item buffer
  • crop harvester
  • turning table
    There are other items like the mining pipe, electric motor, Shaft, iron rotor blade, turning blade, steam turbine, steam turbine blade, block cutting blade, kinetic gearbox rotor, windmeter and different variations of The Charging RE Battery. 
IC2 has also updated the recipe for their mining/diamond/iridium drills. These drills utilizes many items listed above which would require the creation of a handful of wiki pages.

For example:In the case of the diamond drill, you need to craft a mining drill. Mining drill requires the crafting of electric motor + power unit. With Mining drill, you need to create an Iron turning blank and 'chisel configure' otherwise it becomes a paper weight. Iron turning blank is created in the turning table. The turning table cannot operate unless there is an active kinetic machine next to it.

This is quite a list, we need to update this then...

http://ftbwiki.org/T...dustrialCraft_2
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Dunno if this was a topic before, but what about a new navbox for IC2e?

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Dunno if this was a topic before, but what about a new navbox for IC2e?

I don't really see why there has to be. IC2 Experimental is the successor of IC2 and most of the older machines still work about the same afaik...

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I don't really see why there has to be. IC2 Experimental is the successor of IC2 and most of the older machines still work about the same afaik...

Would be so that the people looking for IC2 don't get lost in all the new IC2e machines (obviously). But yeah, the problem would probably be having to duplicate every article with shared functionality, as one wouldn't know which navbox to put under an article reachable from both navboxes.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Given that the majority of people play on 1.6.4 (which also had IC2e I think?) and up, I don4t think it is really an issue.

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I have no idea how the online modded minecraft community looks like, but i always thought there would be some established servers with large communities which are more or less stuck on the version they began with, as it is more or less impossible (as i was told) to upgrade a modpack without losing the world. How is it actually?

SirPersonJr

SirPersonJr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 72 posts
  • IGN:SirPersonJr

Given that the majority of people play on 1.6.4 (which also had IC2e I think?) and up, I don4t think it is really an issue.

Most people are actually playing 1.7.10 and slowly moving into 1.10. 

I have no idea how the online modded minecraft community looks like, but i always thought there would be some established servers with large communities which are more or less stuck on the version they began with, as it is more or less impossible (as i was told) to upgrade a modpack without losing the world. How is it actually?

Most people just start up new worlds when things get stale/ different modpack/ minecraft version/ etc. 

Also 1.7.10 currently has two IC2 mods. "Industrial Craft 2" and "IC2 Classic" which differ in some ways

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Most people are actually playing 1.7.10 and slowly moving into 1.10. 

Yeah, I know that, but I mean, it's not likely a lot of people play anything older than 1.6.4

Also 1.7.10 currently has two IC2 mods. "Industrial Craft 2" and "IC2 Classic" which differ in some ways

I didn't know there was an IC2 classic :o

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users