Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ultimate Pack bugs

twilight forest bug ultimate pack achievements and statistics optifine resets F3 audio held items

29 replies to this topic

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Lately, I've been having a great time on the Ultimate Pack. I've got a fairly stable geothermal/Nether power source, industrial machines, nano armor, farms are being set up, a good amount of rare materials, et cetera, but more recently, weird things have started happening.

What I'm talking about is that every time I log in, all of my achievements and statistics have been reset, along with my settings (video, audio, etc), which reset to values I set a while back and are kind of annoying (muted sound is nice and all, but not getting blown up is even more nice, and I'd like to be able to see more than two blocks in front of my face) and throw me off a little bit. It's also disconcerting, as I'm worried that something is wrong.

I also somehow can't hear any sounds that other mobs (e.g. Twilight Forest mobs, Redcaps, Wraiths etc) make, and due to Optifine, for some reason, the debug profiler graph appears on the F3 menu no matter what I do and I can't see held items. These are probably unrelated in cause to the above, but still annoying and I'd like to know if there's a fix for these as well.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Would redownloading the mod pack help to fix one or more of these errors? Is this something which will happen every so often irregardless of what I do, making constant redownloads a reality? I'd really rather that not happen, as it's annoying especially with my not-so-fantastic Internet.

I'm really also not sure what the cause of this is. I'm fairly certain that this started happening one or two days after I had to restore my VoxelMap waypoints (about one or two weeks ago) from the recycle bin after clearing out %APPDATA%/Roaming/.minecraft/mods and deleting VoxelMap stuff by mistake, but the resets only started one or two days after this. This doesn't make sense to me as a cause of these errors, as there's not usually the sort of "delayed gratification" that would be necessary for VoxelMap to be the cause, and all I did was restore files. I also recently copied in an old save file from Beta Pack A into my ultimate pack saves folder, but I'm fairly certain that this was after the constant resets and not before.

Any help is appreciated, as is reading this and putting up with my rambly and annoying nature :D

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Have you tried running it as admin?
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

Running the program as an administrator appears to have fixed the issues with the statistics and achievements resetting upon each login, but sounds still don't work properly and the Optifine-related issues are still present.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Not too sure about the sound effects bug, I do know that certain mods have it disabled by default, but can be changed in their configs. As for the optifine thing, I could've sworn that it has a configuration for that.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

Optifine does have a configuration for the F3 menu debug profiler, as a matter of fact. I've tried on numerous occasions to disable the debug profiler, but for whatever reason, I change the Debug Profiler setting to off, press the Back button on the menu, then go back to the menu with the debug profiler option and it's turned back on again. I'll check the TF config, see if there's something that's turned off that needs to be turned on.

Edit: The only audio-related option in the TF config is to disable the noises that cicadas make. I have cicada sounds set to enabled, but I still can't hear them. While browsing around in the install directory for FTB, I figured I'd look at the OptiFine configuration file as well. I changed the debug profiler option to false, opened up the game, and the option was set to true, in-game and in the configuration file. I made the file read-only, and this prevented the config file from changing, but the debug profiler still shows in-game.

This is quite disconcerting, as the only explanation I can think of is that some other mod is somehow, for some reason, forcibly changing this option so that the debug profiler is always visible, and there's got to be some sort of other compatibility issue that's resulting in the no-held-items-visible thing, as OptiFine doesn't have a configuration for that. In vanilla Minecraft with Optifine or in regular FTB, this doesn't happen, and I can't think what mods it would be except for the LiteLoader based mods or other aesthetic mods. I think I'm going to try FTB without most or all of the LiteLoader-based mods and maybe even LiteLoader itself and see if that makes a difference, because I'm not even sure if I like VoxelMenu and VoxelPlayer all that much anyways.

Edit 2: Disabled all the nasty nasty litemods that I don't like anyways, and guess what started working: the debug profiler disable option AND sounds for Twilight Forest mobs! Held items still aren't visible, but that's fairly minor. Now all I need to do is find a version of VoxelMap for 1.4.7 that's compatible with Forge, and I know that it's a thing that exists. never mind, apparently it doesn't exist. This is disgusting, really, as VoxelMap is the only good minimap; Zan's has some really nasty and glaring bugs with cave mapping etc, I've heard that Rei's has a bunch of memory leak issues, and VoxelMap is only available with LiteLoader, which is incompatible with OptiFine, which shoots computers that don't have the newest GPU, CPU and high amounts of RAM (e.g. mine) in the proverbial foot.

Thank you, Voxel Box.  <_<

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I've also had some issues. I've recently started an Ultimate Pack LAN World with my friends, and...

1. We can't see each other's held items either.
  2. None of our minimap radars work (most of the time...?).
  3. I don't think achievements are right either. I don't really seem to notice though, because mostly they just get reset most normal Minecraft updates anyway.
  4. When I try to place blocks about 5 meters away, it appears for a split-second and disappears again. The block doesn't go out of my inventory though. I'm fairly certain that this happens with everyone, at least for the Ultimate Pack.
  5. Sometimes the textures of IC2 machines face the wrong way, but they get fixed after a while. Not really a huge problem, but it's a small detail.
  6. When they set waypoints, exit and re-enter, they're gone. Doesn't happen to me, though, since I'm the server hoster.

Also, ChickenChunks seems to be buggy, and tries to illegally access an im.g class or something of the sort. I've disabled it.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

1. Do you have OptiFine installed? If this isn't an OptiFine related problem and is just a pack issue, that would be good to know. That's been a thorn in my side for quite a while now.

2. This may be because it's a server and it's turned off server-side. If it's an intermittent problem, that's very, very strange, but it may be because of the way that the minimap works by default. Icons for mobs are transparent when you are below the mob and dark when you are above them, which may mean that if you are at either of the two extremes, the icons appear to "vanish".

4. I'm 90% certain that this is a bug with vanilla Minecraft, something that FTB actually does not cause. The range is just barely insufficient for the placement to occur. For a split second, Minecraft's internal server believes that it can place a block in a location about 5 meters away, then realizes it can't and removes the block, putting it back into your inventory.

5. To my knowledge, the IC2 machines all share the same or similar block IDs and are separated by metadata, and a different set is assigned to GregTech machines. IC2 machines always start out as an Advanced Machine Block or a Machine Block in texture, then load in over the span over a few seconds, during which it will cause crashes to open up their GUIs. This is probably the cause.

6. This may be due to the fact that it is a LAN server. Due to the way that VoxelMap stores waypoints, it may bug out with LAN servers due to the 0.0.0.0 or other strange IP address or delete LAN waypoints (assuming that the same LAN address will be a different server and later invalidate the waypoints) after disconnect. This would possibly also explain why you (the server hoster) would be the only one with persistent waypoints. You could try connecting over the Internet instead of using LAN, although this would most likely increase latency.

That's odd that ChickenChunks doesn't work properly, as it works fine for me. Not sure why that is. I've got 4 Spot Loaders dedicated to my base and another 2 towards my lava power pumping setup in the Nether without any issues, although using /chunkloaders (might be a ChickenChunks command, afaik) to see all the chunks that are force-loaded sometimes causes crashes, at about a 50-50 chance. What happens when ChickenChunks is enabled? Does the server automatically crash, crash after a while, crash when someone gets near a certain area? This may also be due to LAN issues, glitches etc if you're using the vanilla Minecraft "Open to LAN" feature. I'm not certain.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

1. Do you have OptiFine installed? If this isn't an OptiFine related problem and is just a pack issue, that would be good to know. That's been a thorn in my side for quite a while now.

2. This may be because it's a server and it's turned off server-side. If it's an intermittent problem, that's very, very strange, but it may be because of the way that the minimap works by default. Icons for mobs are transparent when you are below the mob and dark when you are above them, which may mean that if you are at either of the two extremes, the icons appear to "vanish".

4. I'm 90% certain that this is a bug with vanilla Minecraft, something that FTB actually does not cause. The range is just barely insufficient for the placement to occur. For a split second, Minecraft's internal server believes that it can place a block in a location about 5 meters away, then realizes it can't and removes the block, putting it back into your inventory.

5. To my knowledge, the IC2 machines all share the same or similar block IDs and are separated by metadata, and a different set is assigned to GregTech machines. IC2 machines always start out as an Advanced Machine Block or a Machine Block in texture, then load in over the span over a few seconds, during which it will cause crashes to open up their GUIs. This is probably the cause.

6. This may be due to the fact that it is a LAN server. Due to the way that VoxelMap stores waypoints, it may bug out with LAN servers due to the 0.0.0.0 or other strange IP address or delete LAN waypoints (assuming that the same LAN address will be a different server and later invalidate the waypoints) after disconnect. This would possibly also explain why you (the server hoster) would be the only one with persistent waypoints. You could try connecting over the Internet instead of using LAN, although this would most likely increase latency.

That's odd that ChickenChunks doesn't work properly, as it works fine for me. Not sure why that is. I've got 4 Spot Loaders dedicated to my base and another 2 towards my lava power pumping setup in the Nether without any issues, although using /chunkloaders (might be a ChickenChunks command, afaik) to see all the chunks that are force-loaded sometimes causes crashes, at about a 50-50 chance. What happens when ChickenChunks is enabled? Does the server automatically crash, crash after a while, crash when someone gets near a certain area? This may also be due to LAN issues, glitches etc if you're using the vanilla Minecraft "Open to LAN" feature. I'm not certain.

1. I do have Optifine installed, but two of them don't. They still can't see any items being held in anyone else's hands.
  2. Well, when we first started the world, his radar picked all the mobs. Then after a couple of days, there weren't any at all. Then when we went to the Twilight Forest he saw a few mobs on the map. But for me, I've never seen any icons on the radars ever. When there was a player marker marking me, I couldn't see one marking him.

With the ChickenChunks, I'd just open a world normally, and play a bit, and after about a minute or two it'll just freeze and come up with a Minecraft crash screen (you know, the one with the blue background) with an IllegalAccessError or something. I think it happened with one of their FTBs as well. It happens both on LAN and not. It's the client that crashes. This mod seems extremely buggy, especially with what you explained, about /chunkloaders.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

1. That's very strange, but good to know, I suppose.

2. If you are all sure that your radars have been fully on (some options, such as slimes and passive mobs, are sometimes disabled by default) for the entirety of your time on this server, then that's very strange. I'm really not sure what to say about that.

/chunkloaders is a pretty useful applet when it doesn't crash the game, as it allows you to see what blocks are force-loading chunks (from ChickenChunks or any other mod; e.g. where quarries are, where Chunk Loaders or Personal Loaders from Railcraft are, etc) but it does have a tendency to crash. I've never encountered the IllegalAccessError with ChickenChunks before.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

1. That's very strange, but good to know, I suppose.

2. If you are all sure that your radars have been fully on (some options, such as slimes and passive mobs, are sometimes disabled by default) for the entirety of your time on this server, then that's very strange. I'm really not sure what to say about that.

/chunkloaders is a pretty useful applet when it doesn't crash the game, as it allows you to see what blocks are force-loading chunks (from ChickenChunks or any other mod; e.g. where quarries are, where Chunk Loaders or Personal Loaders from Railcraft are, etc) but it does have a tendency to crash. I've never encountered the IllegalAccessError with ChickenChunks before.

2. I'm pretty sure they've always been on.

Yes, /chunkloaders sounds really useful. And with the crashing, do you have a very good/fast computer? It might be that...

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

I've got a several-years-old computer, which is probably why it crashes a lot. The only things going for it are that it has a several-years-old-but-still-for-gaming graphics card (an ATI Radeon something. can't handle Hawken, can't handle antialiasing AT ALL without plunging to maybe five or ten frames per second, tops) and that it's 64-bit. It only has 3 GB of RAM, the CPU's not great and it's Windows Vista. I'm vehemently against upgrading to a newer Windows, because it's devilishly hard to get anything that's not Windows 8 any more (a POS OS, but that's irrelevant) and I'm not sure how keen I am on learning the ropes with Mac, as I've been on Windows pretty much all my life.

Deleting the voxel mods has helped a lot, though. Previously, RAM usage would build over time, getting up to about 95%, and then I'd have to cycle FTB to keep my computer from crashing entirely. RAM usage now stays pretty constant at 70% (about 30% to system constantly, then about 40%, which is maybe 1.1 or 1.2 GB to FTB.)

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

My computer is about one and a half years old, has 4GB of RAM, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a gaming Graphics Card. Mine's also 64-bit, and it's Windows 7 Home Premium.

Apparently, every other Windows version is a test for the next one, like Windows Vista was a test for Windows 7, and Windows 8 is a test for the next version of Windows; and that's why they're unstable.

On a typical Minecraft survival world (with OptiFine), I get around 15-25fps on average. On FTB Ultimate, I get around 5-15fps (with OptiFine).

On the map Vechs made with SethBling's filters (the Obstacle Course), I was playing on it and I got, on average, 55fps, without OptiFine. (Check around 8:00 on Seth's video.)

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

orbenn

orbenn

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I've noticed a few bugs that are easier to fix:

1. Compressing Coal into diamonds creates Industrial Diamonds rather than regular Diamonds. Industrial Diamonds do not work in most recipes. Not sure how to fix this one. I used the Forge Lexicon to change them after adding gemDiamond to the whitelist. 

2. The Forge Lexicon whitelist is missing a number of common equivalencies including the metal nuggets from the various mods. You can add the missing lines in Wordpad (Notepad won't add carriage returns properly):

nuggetCopper
nuggetLead
nuggetTin
nuggetSilver
nuggetIron

The other bugs I remember off the top of my head are either generic to minecraft or specific to their mods rather than related to the FTB-U implementation. The most annoying are:

1. Forestry Circuit Boards do not correctly allow tubes to be added, or rules for adding tubes are unclear.
2. My client sometimes fails to load a number chunks until I'm within one or two blocks of entering it, and sometimes not even then. Relogging solves this.
3. Link Modifier recipe is disabled, but the method(s) for acquiring what it provides have not been implemented yet.
4. When in windowed mode, keys will often stick despite updating LWJGL and trying different versions of Java
5. On death item sprites do not always appear where the items actually are. Walking over the sprites does not allow me to pick up the items, walking to where the items actually are (but can't be seen) allows them to be picked up. Relogging moves the sprites to the actual location of the items.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

I've noticed a few bugs that are easier to fix:

1. Compressing Coal into diamonds creates Industrial Diamonds rather than regular Diamonds. Industrial Diamonds do not work in most recipes. Not sure how to fix this one. I used the Forge Lexicon to change them after adding gemDiamond to the whitelist. 

2. The Forge Lexicon whitelist is missing a number of common equivalencies including the metal nuggets from the various mods. You can add the missing lines in Wordpad (Notepad won't add carriage returns properly):

nuggetCopper
nuggetLead
nuggetTin
nuggetSilver
nuggetIron

The other bugs I remember off the top of my head are either generic to minecraft or specific to their mods rather than related to the FTB-U implementation. The most annoying are:

1. Forestry Circuit Boards do not correctly allow tubes to be added, or rules for adding tubes are unclear.
2. My client sometimes fails to load a number chunks until I'm within one or two blocks of entering it, and sometimes not even then. Relogging solves this.
3. Link Modifier recipe is disabled, but the method(s) for acquiring what it provides have not been implemented yet.
4. When in windowed mode, keys will often stick despite updating LWJGL and trying different versions of Java
5. On death item sprites do not always appear where the items actually are. Walking over the sprites does not allow me to pick up the items, walking to where the items actually are (but can't be seen) allows them to be picked up. Relogging moves the sprites to the actual location of the items.

1. Put the Industrial Diamond in a Crafting Table.
  2. I didn't know there were multiple nuggets of the same material. Anyhow, it's not really very easy for all mod creators to be talking to each other all the time, as they are always busy!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

1. Forestry Circuit Boards require the exact amount of tubes that they can hold. For example, if you are using a Refined Circuit Board, which can hold three tubes, you must use three tubes, or else none of the tubes will be soldered.

2. I believe this is a glitch with vanilla Minecraft as well which is exacerbated by FTB's large amount of mods.

3. I believe that the creator of Mystcraft is working on allowing for a Link Modifier replacement that is in line with the rest of the overhaul to the creation of Ages, as the Link Modifier was always intended as a debug block only. 

4. There is a setting in OptiFine that sometimes fixes this.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

I also believe 5. is from Vanilla. This also happens with pretty much any item that drops from anything else (except for pressing Q; I haven't had a problem with that yet) such as an Apple/Sapling from Leaves or a Carrot/Rotten Flesh from Zombies, all of which I've experienced. It might be a different bug but it's related. :P To actually pick them up, sometimes you have to let them fall a block or two down so it updates. Unfortunately, I also think some rare drops disappear after a split-second. Here's my scenario (this was when I was playing FTB Beta A, by the way):

I was coming down from the back 'door' of my house, and I saw a zombie in the half-frozen river. I swung my sword at it and killed it. I saw a carrot fall from his feet into the water! At the time I had none. So I swam after it and searched pretty much everywhere the carrot could have gone, but to no avail.

:D

Also, back to the problem you brought up, I think once my friend died (in Minecraft!) and his stuff splattered. I could see all of it, but he could not see anything. I had to tell him where everything was! This was a while ago, so it might not be correct! :P

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

orbenn

orbenn

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

1. Forestry Circuit Boards require the exact amount of tubes that they can hold. For example, if you are using a Refined Circuit Board, which can hold three tubes, you must use three tubes, or else none of the tubes will be soldered.

Thanks for the reply. I'm already doing that. My non-working use case is an Intricate Circuit Board (so 4 slots) with 4 Iron Electron Tubes for an electrical engine. I've tried changing the number of tubes, but it won't accept anything. It does work if I change the output type to be for a farm or multifarm, but those aren't usable in electric engines.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Thanks for the reply. I'm already doing that. My non-working use case is an Intricate Circuit Board (so 4 slots) with 4 Iron Electron Tubes for an electrical engine. I've tried changing the number of tubes, but it won't accept anything. It does work if I change the output type to be for a farm or multifarm, but those aren't usable in electric engines.

An electrical engine circuit board can only support 1 iron electron tube. See the column 'max stack' of the wiki article for the limits of the other types of tubes.

Seodanrot

Seodanrot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

It seems that Nitor can't be created in the latest update of Ultimate.. 

TechiesDream

TechiesDream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:TechiesDream

I have been playing around with some new aspects of FTB and found out something strange. If you place a One-Way Glass down and on top place a Secret Button. Minecraft will crash in a constant loop. I would love to gain access to my build if possible but mainly wanted this to be known to the  mod author. 

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twilight forest, bug, ultimate pack, achievements and statistics, optifine, resets, F3, audio, held items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users