Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Corrupt chunk on server. Need advice asap

Best Answer ZER0-0 , 24 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hmmmm. Well, there must be some other way to remove the barrel. Are there a ton of stuff from factorization of the server? Would it be worth it to remove all items from barrels, and then uninstall factorization?

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I'm using the Mindcrack Modpack and one of the players on my server placed an apiarist backpack into a barrel and it corrupted the chunk. I haven't been able to find a workable backup utility, so no backup to reload. I tried MCEdit, but it's not mod compatible. Any advice on how I can save this chunk? If I have to, I can delete that single chunk without loosing much. I just need to know how.

Spoiler

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Do you crash whenever the chunk loads?

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

The client, yes. The server, no. We've tried force update already.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

Hmmmm. Well, there must be some other way to remove the barrel. Are there a ton of stuff from factorization of the server? Would it be worth it to remove all items from barrels, and then uninstall factorization?

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

0.0; We have 3 rooms full of barrels with over 50 barrels per room. Painful, but doable. All the barrels in the chunk we can't access contain only bee products which we can get back. Unfortunately, there were over 40 bee species worth of stuff.. I'll test it in single first.

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Good new/Bad news. By disabling factorization and xycraft (started failing after factorization was disabled), I was able to get into those chunks in a single player test environment. Bad news, All the chunks that load with the effected chunk got corrupt and all non-vanilla blocks, no matter which mod, got converted to the closest vanilla id or deleted. Was nice to have a huge column of redstone ore where a silverwood tree once stood, but I'd rather have the bees back.

If saving the modded chunk is out of the question, if I could get the IDs and such to admin the bees back, that'd be plan B.

I checked the chunks away from the effected area, and they were fine. Bees and all.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
My server has had this issue in the past. What I had to do was literally learn the anvil file format enough to know which region file the chunk is located in and delete that one. The secret to this, is to take the coordinates of the corrupted chunks, and do some math with them.

(X/16)/32=MCR X

Basically you take the X coordinate of the chunk, divide by 16 to reduce the chunks down to single digits, then divide by 32 because there are 32 chunks in each MCR File. This spits out the first number used in the file's name. Do the same for the Z coordinate, and you get the second number. You then have to delete the file the numbers match up to, and the region will be regenerated. Only downside is if you do the math wrong, or you have lots of things in the immediate vicinity of that chunk, it's going to all get wiped because of the region files. And you must round to the nearest whole integer if you get a number that doesn't divide evenly.

You can view more documentation on the Minecraft Region File Format here: http://www.minecraft...ki/Chunk_format

EDIT: Also, you can get the bees back by using an Imprinter if I remember correctly.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

*HAPPY DANCE*  THANK YOU!!! For the idea of disabling mods!!! Re-enabled factorization and disabled xycraft and was able to log in with no issues! My entire house was built out of xycraft blocks, but I can rebuild it. :)

All bees are safe!

ViperSRT3g, I had not thought of the imprinter.. Do you know if it works for Extrabees and Thaumic bees?

Tested. It does work with Extra and Thaumic. I will keep that in mind for any future issues.

Edited by punchin, 24 March 2013 - 02:10 PM.

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Viper, quick question. I'm always confused as to which DIM I need to look in. Do you know which one is the overworld?

Edit: http://www.minecraft...ki/Level_Format <-- Found it. :)

The issue happened again in the same region, so we're just going to scrub it clean and start from scratch...

Based on my calculations from the nether portal (x 920, z 5784) that goes to that region, the file I'd be looking for is r.14.90.mca, but I can't find that file in any of my folders.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
The overworld's files should be located in \world\region\
And your math seems to be a little off, the region files should be somewhere around these numbers: r.2.11.mca
Because of the following:
(920/16)/32=1.796875 (Rounded to the nearest whole number makes 2)
(5784/16)/32=11.296875 (Rounded to 11)

Before deleting anything, ensure you've backed it up first.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

punchin

punchin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Ah, I see.. I was going by VoxelMap's coordinates, which were showing the overworld coordinates in the nether. The nether coordinates per F3 are 115, 723 which line up much nicer. Thank you very much!

• ViperSRT3g likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users