Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No TE power conduits?

6 replies to this topic

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:webkilla
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I guess I'm just used to Thermal Expansion 3's conduits.

What am I supposed to use in lui of those? Are they going to be added later?

What about fluiducts and itemducts? They're not in this pack (yet) either...

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Yup, TE4 doesn't have conduits ready yet. EnderIO has some nice conduits you can use. There are also MFR RedNet power cables, Extra Utilities energy transfer pipes, BuildCraft kinesis pipes should work for RF now...

• Aezex likes this

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

...will TE4 have conduits and 'ducts?

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz

Yeah. They're being worked on but I don't see a release happening soon. For now rednet energy cables and enderio do the job

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

just ran into what looks to be an even more annoying problem

...no itemducts

Sure, enderIO has item conduits - which require prohibitive amounts of ender eyes (really... aren't those usually reserved for end-game content?)

and the good ol' buildcraft pipes - but there you need diamonds for sorting purposes... 

neither of which are that easy to get that many of - especially when I'm trying to limit my diamond to a quarry to begin with. The good old TE ducts and conduits were just so much more cheaper and - quite frankly - user friendly. The enderIO conduits are a pain to get to work right... and I'm not even sure that its item conduits can sort stuff

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

What about fluiducts and itemducts? They're not in this pack (yet) either...

just ran into what looks to be an even more annoying problem

...no itemducts

I've been using Extra Utilities Transfer Pipes and Transfer Nodes. You only really need some redstone, but do get more transfer nodes if you use the ender pearl recipe.

And looking at the recipe, you get 24 EnderIO Item Conduits from one enderpearl. Not bad, especially with the Ender Minis running around. I would also expect a mod called "EnderIO" to make use of Ender Pearls with higher-than-average frequency. They can certainly sort things with the proper configuration; they're actually more powerful than TE Itemducts since you can input and output on the same connection, set frequencies, and more. And that's not even mentioning how they can fit in the same block with other EnderIO conduits.

• ZL123, DiamondDoctor and TehRawrz like this

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Fair enough

I've also been having trouble making transfer nodes work to power my BC machines. I can't seem to draw power out of my energy cells and then run BC machines off it.

Does anyone have similar issues?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users