Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Microsoft buys Mojang

Microsoft buys Mojang

10 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you approve of the sale of Minecraft to Microsoft?

1. Yes (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Just thought I'd mention that Microsoft has officially bought Mojang for 2.5 Billion dollars, if anyone hasn't heard yet.

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Yeah, this is going to be discussed for weeks for sure. Right now I am neutral, cannot say much before Microsoft reveals any future plans.

I know that some developers are going to quit, and it's sad.

• Celestial Oblivion and Aezex like this

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Yeah, this is going to be discussed for weeks for sure. Right now I am neutral, cannot say much before Microsoft reveals any future plans.

I know that some developers are going to quit, and it's sad.

Same here.

One encouraging piece of news: Searge recently tweeted that he is still going to be developing MCP until Minecraft gets a better API, so no worries there.

Actually, they're all tweeting like crazy. You can keep up with them on the Mojang page:https://mojang.com/

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
Some developers did quit, such as cpw and ShneekeyTheLost.
Aside from that I'm not sure what to think of this. Really I don't see how we as players will benefit from this, though as long as Microsoft doesn't ruin the game I don't have a problem with the takeover.

Maybe they'll add Java support to Xbox One. And Kinect support to Java on Xbox One.
Minecraft with Kinect would be just silly.

Apple spellcheck doesn't recognize the word "Kinect".

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I, too, am neutral, until microsoft announces updates on the project, i won't pick a side, but i will say this, i love minecraft and the way it is now, and i have a bad feeling microsoft will remove the best part of minecraft: The community. I would say mod support as well, but you'll have mods with or without microsoft, anyway.

I hope that they will continue adding good things to minecraft!

• Aezex likes this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

So it appears that Microsoft has no intention to stop people from making videos. Thank goodness.

• ZL123 likes this

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0

This could be a good thing. Microsoft has a lot of resources at their disposal, they could significantly increase the pace at which the game is developed. Things like the modding API come to mind.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Microsoft supporting modding, ye crazy? They will most likely not attempt to directly prevent Forge and such or make it illegal, that would cost them half the community. I wouldn't put it past them to release paid DLC (i. e. Microsoft-developed mods that obviously base-edit the game, thus breaking Forge even more often) that would be installable *only* via Uplay.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Minecraft with Kinect would be just silly.

• Aezex likes this
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

Haha, that's awesome! :o

• Aezex likes this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Haha, that's awesome! :o

I know, right? :P
  • ZL123 and Aezex like this
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Microsoft, buys, Mojang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users