Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

can't launch Unleashed

Best Answer dgelessus , 07 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

There are a few weird things with your installation that could be the problem:
1. You somehow installed the launcher into the main %appdata% folder. Don't do that, you risk overwriting data of other programs. Instead, make a folder on your Desktop or in your Documents, put the launcher there, and adjust the path in the settings to point there instead.
2. Your computer and OS are 64-bit, but you are using 32-bit Java. Uninstall it (and any other Java versions you may have) then get Java 7 64-bit from http://java.com/.
3. With 64-bit Java you can use more than 1 GB of RAM. Depending on how much you have, you should set it to 2 or 4 GB, but never allocate all of your RAM to Minecraft. Go to the full post »

1 reply to this topic

roger109z

roger109z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:roger109z
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I have a windows vista 32 bit computer and I use ftb all the time but when I try to launch on my windows 8 32 bit computer it shows me this in the console: Attached File  Console.txt   1.98KB   532 downloads

please help

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
✓  Best Answer
There are a few weird things with your installation that could be the problem:
1. You somehow installed the launcher into the main %appdata% folder. Don't do that, you risk overwriting data of other programs. Instead, make a folder on your Desktop or in your Documents, put the launcher there, and adjust the path in the settings to point there instead.
2. Your computer and OS are 64-bit, but you are using 32-bit Java. Uninstall it (and any other Java versions you may have) then get Java 7 64-bit from http://java.com/.
3. With 64-bit Java you can use more than 1 GB of RAM. Depending on how much you have, you should set it to 2 or 4 GB, but never allocate all of your RAM to Minecraft.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users