Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contributors Group

38 replies to this topic

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

A new usergroup "Contributors" has been added to the forums and wiki. This group adds additional user permissions on the wiki. Users who frequently contribute to the wiki will be eligible to join this usergroup. The purpose of the group is to supply people who contribute often with additional permissions that could be of use to them. A few permissions, such as for moving pages have been moved from the regular members group into this group as well. If you'd like to apply to join the group, leave a message in this topic. There are no specific requirements to join, aside from contributing to the wiki every now and then. When you have been added to the group, you should receive the permissions when you log out and in again on the wiki.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I would like to join. I've mostly been doing little things since the wiki site switch, but I created a few pages before then (Superconductor Cover, Sickle, Miniature Black Hole, Forge Lexicon, Iron Nugget), and have made major edits to a few others. I have also been adding grid icons and other images where I see fit, and revising content for easier reading/spell checking. Being a contributor would probably help a lot with this, since I would be able to move things around and easily fix things in the case of a complete vandalization of a page.

Thanks

~streak1

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Could there also be something like this for the forums? It would be like a frequent poster.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Could there also be something like this for the forums? It would be like a frequent poster.

That's what the member rankings are for. Yours is "Advanced Member" which is based on post counts. More member rankings can be added in the event that people make an absurd amount of posts.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

At the moment there's no plans for such a forum rank, however, if this were to be added, it's more likely to be related to how often you answer people's questions and such. At the moment I don't see a reason (yet) to add something, as I'm not sure yet what benefits should be linked to it.

• ZER0-0 likes this

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel

I would like to apply for a Contributor group promotion. Link for my user contributions is in signature. I am semi-actively working on Steve's Carts 2 section (I study in a university and don't have much free time) and passively editing pages which I come across when reading. I am an active FTB player as well and tend to know things.

Cheers,

ost.

Wow, posted an application just to notice the purple "Contributor" badge under my avatar. Thanks! My bad for not noticing this earlier.

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I would like to be a contributor. As you see evey night I fill up all the topics with posts or new topics.I do start pages on the wiki(not on this account yet) but I don't give massive information about it just a starter so people can add-on to it.Here are some wiki pages i made :Stock car, Multi-dimensional storage, impregnation stick. Just latly i haven't been on the wiki.But i will be alot.

~TheLaw

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

I would like to be a contributor. As you see evey night I fill up all the topics with posts or new topics.I do start pages on the wiki(not on this account yet) but I don't give massive information about it just a starter so people can add-on to it.Here are some wiki pages i made :Stock car, Multi-dimensional storage, impregnation stick. Just latly i haven't been on the wiki.But i will be alot.

~TheLaw

At the moment I haven't got much to go on yet, I'll keep an eye on your contributions. However, given that you were the next on the list for a staff position on the forums, which have grown quite a bit since we started, I've promoted you to moderator instead. :)

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

If you haven't saw on the chat; Thank you for the moderator position. :D  

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

Aerom Xundes

Aerom Xundes

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

May I join the Contributors group?

Thanks

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

May I join the Contributors group?

Thanks

Done

palden1810

palden1810

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:palden1810
  • Modpack:FTB Unhinged

May I join the Contributors group? In case my pages haven't updated yet, i'm working on the GregTech solar panels

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Interesting, I just noticed this thread, then discovered I already am a contributor. Good Stuff. I guess its about time I did some more concerted content creation.

I just wish these forum and wiki discussion boards weren't all the way down the bottom, below even the server advertising and hosting boards. I always forget they're even there.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

Interesting, I just noticed this thread, then discovered I already am a contributor. Good Stuff. I guess its about time I did some more concerted content creation.

I just wish these forum and wiki discussion boards weren't all the way down the bottom, below even the server advertising and hosting boards. I always forget they're even there.

Lol. I just look at New Content. I read every single thing on this forum! Mad, I know.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Advancensar

Advancensar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Ashandle
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Is it possible to add language support to wiki, if it is i'm volunteering to translate to Turkish.If not i would like to join Contributor group :)

adencraft2000

adencraft2000

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:adencraft2000
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

May I please join the contributors group?

Thanks

xexia

xexia

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:xExia

I wanna feel special, may I join?

-oh, I'm already a contributor.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Hey, its me, diamonddoctor. you knew that though. can i join contributors? Ive been doing(IMHO) a bang up job around here. Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Hey, its me, diamonddoctor. you knew that though. can i join contributors? Ive been doing(IMHO) a bang up job around here. Thanks in advance

FYI, the Contributors group is for the wiki only, it doesn't give you any abilities on the forums. All it does is allow you to move and delete wiki articles and a few other things, which we can't allow everyone to do because of the high risk of people abusing these powers.
So although you have been quite active on the forums (much appreciated btw), it seems that you haven't yet edited on the wiki, so the rank wouldn't be of any use to you, nor could we really give it to you yet. (because theoretically we don't have any proof that you are a helpful contributor and won't ruin the wiki, but somehow I doubt that you would :P)

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

FYI, the Contributors group is for the wiki only, it doesn't give you any abilities on the forums. All it does is allow you to move and delete wiki articles and a few other things, which we can't allow anyone to do because of the high risk of people abusing these powers.

So although you have been quite active on the forums (much appreciated btw), it seems that you haven't yet edited on the wiki, so the rank wouldn't be of any use to you, nor could we really give it to you yet. (because theoretically we don't have any proof that you are a helpful contributor and won't ruin the wiki, but somehow I doubt that you would :P)

ahh i see well i guess ill need to see what i can contrib on the wiki, huh?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users