Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game crashing with 'worlds leaking into memory' error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

chorolus

chorolus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack
Since the recent direwolf20 modpack update, I keep getting an error message in the console and the game frequently crashes, especially when using Mystcraft books/portals... Also crashes when initially loading a game as well as when exiting a game and reloading the save file (not sure if those problems are related). The specific error message is:
2013-02-23 11:16:32 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 4 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly
I'm not 100% sure that this error is what's causing the game to crash, but I never experienced this problem before the update. I do have additional mods added on top of the modpack but I've tried disabling them all as well as forcing a clean install of the direwolf20 modpack and I still get the same memory leak error.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Can you post the full crash log? It's easier to do a stack trace then to find the exact mod that causes the problem.

After the modpacks got updated to x.1.1 there have been several reports on instability.

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

chorolus

chorolus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Won't be able to play much for a few days but I'll try to duplicate the crash error and grab the crash log next time. As a side note, I've tried disabling mods one at a time to try to narrow it down through trial-and-error, and have gone through almost all of the 'extra' mods, including Mystcraft, Portalgun,  ReiMinimap, etc...and still keep getting the 'worlds leaking' error. The main mods, Thaumcraft/Forestry/Buildcraft/etc I can't seem to disable as there are so many interdependencies between them and the game simply won't load so I've got a feeling the bug is lurking somewhere in one of those.

chorolus

chorolus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Here's the crash report:

Spoiler
---
edit, yay for spoiler buttons

surazal

surazal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Your issue sounds nearly Identical to the one I experienced in Mindcrack. So far, the only "fix" I've been able to find is to downgrade to an older version of Mindcrack. I have a technical support ticket open through the FTB website, but I've yet to hear from anyone over there.

Here's my thread regarding the issues I had with the game after the upgrade to Mindcrack 8.1.1:

http://ftbforums.org...dpack-unstable/

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Hmm, I see some potential conflicts in there from this info:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already tesselating!
    at baz.b(Tessellator.java:504)
    at baz.b(Tessellator.java:494)
    at bbb.a(RenderBlocks.java:7697)
    at bau.a(ItemRenderer.java:69)
    at bau.a(ItemRenderer.java:535)
    at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:752)
    at ban.a(EntityRenderer.java:1714)
    at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:1117)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:882)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_C3

My best bet is that you are crashing because of your optifine version, The stack trace says the error occurs when rendering blocks, items and entities because it tries to tessellate something that is already tessellated.

Note that I'm no expert in this, but after reading the log, it looks like the most logical reason to me, so you should try to disable optifine and see if that helps if you haven't already.

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
In other parts of your log, it seems like the Twilight Forest one of the worlds that seem to be leaking and generating a whole bunch of errors.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
It looks like an Entity might have something to do with it somewhere...

The spoiler tag, by the way, is created with the [spoiler] tag. To close the spoiler, do the same with a forward slash before the 's'.
It also looks like you've added a lot of mods!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

chorolus

chorolus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yeah, I've added a few ^_^

I've tried disabling Twilight Forest and Optifine both already, when I was doing trial-and-error testing, and still keep getting game crashes....I'll try to get a new crash log after disabling them. Apparently multiple mods are having issues =/

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Have you tried disabling many mods at a time?

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

SilentSilus

SilentSilus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

This may be a little late. I was having similar issues around the time of this post. Switched to Ultimate when it came out and don't get the error messages anymore. I read somewhere that REI's minimap was having issues keeping all the different areas loaded (I.E. Mystcraft areas, nether, etc).

Again, this is purely speculative, and may be an entirely different issue.

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I see messages about leaking worlds every play session in my log but it doesn't make me crash. (Ultimate pack.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users